Nikolas Cruz (born 1998) is a terrorist and mass-murderer who is responsible for the killing of 17 high school students, along with injuring at least 15 others at his former school, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14, 2018.
- At 2:21 PM, Cruz enters the school with an AR-15 gun.
- Shortly after, a freshman student sees Cruz in the second-floor hallway. Cruz spots him and tells him to "get out here." The student flees the scene and warns the assistant football coach† as he shields a female student during the shooting. The football coach was shot and killed.
- Note: It is believed that Cruz pulled the fire alarm to persuade students to come into the hallways, confusing many people as there had already been a fire drill conducted that school day.
- From 2:50 PM-3:01 PM, Nikolas Cruz had already fled the school and proceeded to Wal-Mart and McDonald's.
- Nearly an hour-and-a-half after entering the building, Cruz is arrested in a suburban neighborhood several miles away.
Warning Signs and Aftermath
For two years, Nikolas Cruz had shown warning signs, along with the threat of "shooting up the school," allegedly attempting suicide by drinking gasoline, and his fascination with guns. On November 29, 2017, according to his then-guardian, he legally purchased a gun from Dick's Sporting Goods, bought "tons" of ammo and pointed the rifle at several people. On January 5, 2018, somebody close to Cruz warned the FBI about his possession of guns and unusual behaviors.  Cruz had already been expelled from Marjory Stoneman High School. The fact that authorities were fully aware of Cruz's capabilities astounded the whole world in that no action was taken on him. According to CBS Miami, his trial was originally scheduled for January 2020  but later delayed until at earliest summer 2020 . In October 2021 Cruz pled guilty but jury selection is expected to take several more months. 
Many high school students across the United States have protested in favor of gun control, including survivors of the shooting themselves.    Three senators (Two Democrats and one Republican) have introduced a bill trying to ban bump stocks, which was used on Cruz's gun. 
We hope you like the external links we've found for you though we know links won't always suit everybody. If you like our links, please return to Liberapedia later when you've got everything you want from our links. If our links don't suit you, you can come back to Liberapedia and look for something that suits you better.